Expanding Investment Frontiers
Why Invest in Kaduna?
“Kaduna State is leading in the ease of doing business matrix.” – Jumoke Oduwole (Special Assistant to President Muhammadu Buhari on Industry, Trade and Investment)
- Strategic Location – Kaduna is two hours’ drive away from Abuja, the capital of Nigeria. Sharing border with several states, it has long been the leading transport hub in the north. With a population of over eight million residents, many of them young, Kaduna State offers unparalelled market access.
- Easy Connections – Access to from Kaduna State has been enhanced by recent investments in transport and logistics infrastructure. Flights to and from the recently renovated Kaduna International Airport offer local and global connections. The Kaduna Inland Dry Port enables import and export business, while a growing road and rail network enable access to Kaduna city and the 23 Local Government Areas.
- We Make Things Run Smoothly for You – KADIPA is an active investment agency, serving as a one-stop shop to assist businesses to obtain all the approvals and permits they require in the shortest time. Investments have been successfully facilitated from Olam Group, Vicampro Farms, Mahindra Ltd, Tomato Jos, and Sunseed Company.
- Educated Workforce – Kaduna State has the largest concentration of institutions of higher learning in Nigeria, making it a top destination of choice for investors seeking to employ locals.
The Kaduna Economic and Investment Summit, (#KADINVEST4) 3rd-4th April 2019
The fourth edition of KADINVEST will provide opportunities for the private sector, international development partners and development finance institutions to identify opportunities in Kaduna State and consolidate on investment initiatives that drive growth.
Malam Nasir El-Rufai, the Governor of Kaduna State, will host KADINVEST 4.0, where he will provide an update on the state’s development plans and investment priorities.
The summit is organized by the Kaduna State Investment Promotion Agency – KADIPA.
Working with key MDAs and related bodies, KADIPA provides a one stop service for large investors, including provision of information about investment opportunities, support for accessing land, local suppliers and other essential inputs and navigating the bureaucratic steps involved in launching a successful business in Nigeria.
The Nigerian Investment Promotion Council (NIPC) and the Nigerian Economic Summit Group (NESG) are co-hosts of the summit.
What to expect from #KADINVEST4?
- Facilitating discussions and cross cutting networks between investors, policy makers and entrepreneurs to find ways to effectively leverage and mobilize their respective comparative investment advantages towards accelerating the state’s development.
- Providing new opportunities for the state on its path to industrialize and create opportunities for job creation for the state’s burgeoning youth population.
- Preparing the ground for potential investments and articulating opportunities across priority sectors deemed critical to the state’s economic growth.
- Empowering and incentivizing entrepreneurs, industrialists and investors (both local and international) through the continued provision of an enabling environment and ease of doing business grounded on the main focus of job creation.
- Adopting and launching new policy frameworks such as the investment promotion strategy report and use.
What Sectors Interest Us?
- Renewable Energy
International Investors in Kaduna
- Olam: Hatchery & Feed Mill
- Dangote: Tomato Farm & Processing Facility/Dangote-Peugeot Assembly Plant
- Flour Mills: Maize and Wheat, Flour Processing Plant
- Capital Rice
- Indorama: Organic Fertilizer
- Rapidacc: Mass Housing
- FIDC: Mass Housing
- Hydraform: Mass Housing
- DraperDarkFlow: ICT Hub
- Coders4Africa: ICT Hub
- Schneider Electric/Skipper: Energy Academy
- Old Port/Unilever: Edible Oil Reﬁnery
- OCP: Fertilizer
- Vicampro: Potato Farm And Processing Facility
- Kewalram Chanrai: Feed Mill
- Blue Camel Energy: Solar Panel Assembly Plant
- Vlisco: Cotton, Textiles, Garment